During the youth years, the skin is taut and firm because of abundant amounts of elastin and collagen that are produced by the body. The two components are made of natural proteins that the body induces to give firmness and elasticity to the skin tissues. However, as age sets in, the production of the two elements diminish. As a result, the skin becomes supple and saggy.
Since everyone wants to age gracefully, they make it a point to use different skin firming cream and lotion products to somewhat prolong the nasty effects of aging. On the other hand, the other areas are sometimes overlooked that is why many symptoms of aging are pretty apparent on certain individuals. Read more
The aging process starts from the day we are born. A person may not realize it, but we need to work on staying fit and healthy every day. In the end, you’ll feel and look younger as aging progresses. You can do many things to stay healthy and feel good.
Are there secrets to have a wrinkle free skin? Do we really need to avail services of a reputed dermatology clinic?
Be aware of the fact that sunlight ages the skin. As we become older, fine lines are beginning to appear on the parts of our body where sun exposure is at its greatest, in our face, neck, or at the back of our hands.
Every now and then I check and monitor if I already have a crow’s feet from the outer corner of my eyes . My dermatologist taught me if I will not tend to these crow’s feet lines, it will deepen and expand. We can reduce wrinkle appearance by applying preventive measures. It may not totally lessen the lines but lines may appear smaller and finer which may be unnoticeable in a glance.
Aside from sun exposure, one’s occupation and outdoor recreational activities are some added factors that promotes wrinkles.
I minimize wrinkle appearance through:
- Avoiding the sun, I always bring my umbrella whenever I will go out and commute for an errand.
- I wear sunscreen, the higher the SPF (Sun protection Factor) the better.
- I refrain from squinting, that’s why I wear my eyeglasses or reading glasses when I work in front of my laptop. Frequent squinting also causes wrinkling face skin.
- I try to sleep at least 6-7 hours nightly.
- Fruits and vegetables are always included in my daily meal.
- Drinking plenty of fluids,water or juice. No more soda for me as much as possible
- I learned that it is not good to over wash our face, the skin has natural oils that moisturize and protect the skin from wrinkles, and frequent face washing will strip off the natural oil
- I use the right facial cleanser suited for my skin type.
- As of now I only use topical treatments such as moisturizers before I sleep at night, I also apply intense collagen anti-wrinkle serum and resurface deep wrinkle serum.
|my favorite facial products
Well, as long as I will continue my facial regimen I think I will still be far from cosmetic procedures. Maybe, I will just opt for glycolic acid peels or diamond peel because I do not want to undergo laser resurfacing, botox or plastic surgery procedures.
Here is my latest picture, can you guess how old am I? Honestly, it is not edited in photoshop, no make-up, only a touch of lipstick and face powder