Try looking at yourself on the mirror, imagine yourself 10 or 20 years from now. Will you still be in good shape and condition or will you be suffering from an ailment? As the year 2011 ends a new year 2012 is about to come, the time to make changes, dump the old unhealthy habits and change for a healthier lifestyle. Self-motivation is the key to make the change happen. Create new healthy habits for you and your family.
Here are tips on how to get started living a Healthy Lifestyle for the year 2012 and onwards.
- Eat healthy foods, stay away from junk foods and as much as possible enjoy cooking and eating healthy meals, it is best to cook your own food rather than always dining in restaurants or food chains.
- Substitute your children’s favorite chips to fruits.
- Consider going to the gym, or do home routine exercises. Make sure to ask your doctor’s advice on the best exercise that will fit you.
- Count your salt intake, as high level intake of salt can push up your blood pressure.
- Exert effort on eating a balanced diet as much as possible. Try monitoring your weight on your bathroom scale.
- De-stress, frown less and make a good laugh often, opt to think of the positive bright side.
- Take vitamins and supplements that will help boost your health.
- Encourage the whole family to live in a healthy lifestyle, supporting each other and participation will give a successful result.
- Go for an annual general check up to monitor not only your health but the family as well.