Unlike other households in the neighborhood, the windows of our house were shut tight on New Year’s Eve. We relegated ourselves to watching the fireworks from our windows. Why, you may be wondering. Well, I can’t put the health of my youngest son at risk. Just a whiff of the smog and he would be welcoming the New Year with asthma. Hence, it was better to be safe than sorry.
To others, I might sound like an overprotective mother. However, to those who know me, they are aware that I just take the matter of air pollution staunchly especially with my son’s condition. I would do whatever I can to alleviate the problem of pollution if I had the means. Nevertheless, since I don’t, I make do with what little I can to help the environment.