Career, work related demands and family responsibilities are the most common causes of stress. Stressful situations cannot be totally avoided but can be controlled and handled well through proper management.
Stress can drain and weaken your energy which can make you irritable and unproductive. It can make you feel and look older than your actual age. It also causes different illnesses such as heart problems, headaches, high blood pressure and other medical conditions.
To manage stress is to learn how to deal with it. Here are helpful ways on how to manage stress.
- A positive disposition will greatly help, learn how to prioritize your activities, take in charge of your thoughts and emotions. Smile and appreciate the beautiful things around you.
- Take a moment to do some meditation on your free time.
- Regular exercise has proven to be especially effective in combating physical effects of stress.
- Give your body enough nutritional support to stay strong and resistant. Adopt a healthy lifestyle. Joining in drinking sprees is not a solution but will only worsen the situation.
- When the mind is tense, the body is also stressed, relaxation techniques like listening to music, watching a good movie or a good body massage can increase blood flow and can make the mind and body lighten up and unwind.
- Health experts recommend the The Four A’s in dealing with stressful situations.Change the situation:Avoid the stressorAlter the stressor.
Change your reaction:
Adapt to the stressor
Accept the stressor
- When you’re tired it may cause you to think illogically. Fuel your mind and relax your body by getting enough sleep.
Do not allow stress affect every facet of your life; get rid of the silent killer.