So, now that we have 6 month mark with my sweet baby, Norah. I have noticed the signs of teething. I am not a fan of teething, myself and neither is Norah. We both do not get good sleep, and it is hard to see my baby hurting. But as a momma you want the best and safest method for helping to remedy the teething symptoms.
Here are a few things that I have come across that seems to help sooth baby and me.
1. Amber Teething Jewelry: This is a new one for me, I am not sure how long they have been around. When my 3 year old was teething (when he was much younger) I had never heard of anything like this. Now that I have a new baby, I was gifted an Amber necklace. The necklace is an immune booster and reducing pain and inflammation. They are to be worn around baby’s neck, not a chew toy!
2. Teething Tablets: There are many different brands of teething tablets, Hylands makes an all natural product that is great. These very small and quick dissolving, they provide quick relief and are safe.
3. Camilia Teething Medicine: Another homeopathic product is the Camilia Teething medicine. It is an all natural liquid that comes in single use dosages, so it is sanitary as well.
4. Cold Cloth: Take a clean wash cloth and wet is down, place it in a plastic baggy and put it in the freezer. After it is good and cold give it to your aching little one. This will help reduce swelling on the gums and catch the excess drool.
5. Gripe Water: I love gripe water! It is great for hiccups and tummy aches as well as teething pain. It is all natural and I am pretty sure it taste good, my baby girl loves it. There are several brands and can be found at any major retailer or drug store.
When it comes to baby safety when teething, I try to avoid the frozen foods. I am a scaredy cat when it comes to choking, so I just don’t mess around with gnawing on carrots, frozen foods and such. Also, when it comes to any medication (all natural or not) you always want to make sure there isn’t a recall on the product. It is always best to double check! You are doing a great job, momma. Keep it up!
Photo credits: amazon.com